The National Diversity Council (NDC) hosts the Georgia Leadership Conference annually to educate and create local dialogue on leadership development, diversity and inclusion and to celebrate the wide array of differences in our communities. This year's theme is Fostering Equity Through Inclusion. It features the Most Powerful & Influential Women Breakfast and the Leadership Excellence Luncheon and each will feature a keynote speaker. Participants also have an opportunity to attend a wide array of workshops and hear from dynamic and distinguished speakers that will increase their leadership skills, knowledge and understanding of a diverse workplace and community. The NDC’s goal is to leave attendees with resourceful information and practices develop their skills and to share with their respective organizations, whether in the corporate, small business, public sector, or non-profit arena.
Some Key Learning Objectives
- Learn about the importance of an organization’s commitment to diversity programs as it relates to cultural competency, inclusion and talent development efforts.
- Obtain knowledge and understanding on how to lead with authenticity and confidence, which leads to team cohesion and impactful business results.
- Learn about effective interventions that improve diversity engagement in the workplace and result in business integration and sustainability.
- Acquire knowledge on the various leadership and business savvy skills required to take on an executive level position.
- Become informed of recent local and statewide legislation is affecting underrepresented groups in the workforce.
Additionally, peers have the opportunity to network and share best practices on leadership development and what they are doing to advance diversity and inclusion practices within their organization through the many panel sessions that are offered.